Small Business Management I for Contractors (Spring Mod. SBM-028C-01)
DUE TO COVID, ALL CLASSES ARE PRESENTED REMOTELY USING ZOOM. NOT AN IN-PERSON CLASS.
Training provided by the Clackamas SBDC qualifies for continuing education with the CCB
: Where newly licensed contractors learn the secrets of a successful business without going to the school of hard knocks! To augment the class experience, the SBDC also includes up to 2 hours of business advising per month at no additional cost. Let us help you quickly apply concepts from class to your day-to-day routine. This is a $2,500 value – do not let this one get away! This class is taught in both English and Spanish! We look forward to having you in class!
Dates & Times
1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from April 5 to June 21
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Taxes – Understand How They Impact Your Business
- Review of self-employment taxes and processes
- Learn how taxes impact your business
- Strategies for changing business structures and saving taxes
- Review of the Schedule C – understanding categories for your business.
Steps to Becoming an Employer
- Do’s and Don’ts When Hiring
- Who can help me with my payroll?
- Payroll Taxes
- Labor Law Posters and Other Compliance Topics
- Timesheets & Other Employee Records
- Keys to Mobile Contractor’s Office When You Have Employees
Review of Contracting – How it Works
- When should I consider contracting?
- GCAP Overview – Your resource to contracting opportunities
Marketing Techniques, Materials & Sales Strategies to Outsmart the Competition
Key Partners That Will Take Your Business to the Next Level
Things to Know as a Subcontractor or When Hiring a Subcontractor
Blue Print Reading Basics
Best Practices with Vendors
Loans, Financing, Construction Liens and Customer Bankruptcies
Register early to ensure your spot in the class. Up to 2 people from the business may participate (for 1 registration).
Questions? Contact Cris Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker(s): Diana Tourney and Guest translator
Fee: $ 175.00
To make payment, follow the prompts (after registering), or go to: https://bit.ly/SBMC_Apr2023