What is a Small Business Worth?
The decision to buy or sell a business is a major life event. Told from the perspective of a seller, this workshop will help anyone looking to sell or buy a business increase their chances that it is successful. Led by business sale expert Arnie Hendricks, you will uncover several key elements that need to be considered in the business sale process such as:
- Clarifying your objectives: why would you want to sell (or buy)?
- What is an exit strategy and why do you need one (even if you are a young business)?
- What factors go into a business’ value & what is your business worth today?
- How to identify potential buyers and understand their motivation
- Determine whether a “value gap” exists at present - i.e. is the value of the business lower than what you need to get out of it in a sale?
- Actions you can take to help increase the value of your business
This session is ideal for anyone who is:
- Looking to exit out of their business with additional value beyond closing their doors
- Hoping to buy a business in the future and you want to gain a deeper understanding of how businesses are valued (so that you can be a better negotiator!)
- An existing business owner who may not know their long-term exit strategy but wants to build more value in their business - so that when it comes time to sell, all that hard work is worth more than just the fire sale of inventory and assets.
Speaker(s): Arnie Hendricks, is a contract CFO who has served over 350 companies through his company, Financial Management Resources. His goal is to help business owners solve issues which prohibit their profitable growth and prevent owners from increasing the value of their companies. Over the last six years he has also focused on helping business owners successfully transition the ownership in their businesses. He is a Certified Management Accountant, a Certified Exit Planning Advisor, a Certified Family Business Advisor and a Certified M&A Advisor.
Fee: No Cost